"Awesome!" A Blog.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Internet is crazy for cat schlong!

Wow, what a crazy ride! Late Saturday, I posted this comic. I awoke on Sunday, took a look at it, and wasn't entirely sure that I liked the big rigid schlong in the last panel. I didn't think it was necessary. So, I changed it. I gave Pat a smooth, Ken doll pubis. He still had on assless chaps, sported a Freddie Mercury mustache, and was aggressively involved in the consumption of delicious meat products. "No one who hasn't seen the original will care," I reasoned.

My inbox immediately began to fill with angry reader mail. "Why did you censor out Pat's d%$#?" one fellow wrote. "Dude it was way better with the cack," wrote another, this time a young female, apparently from New England. All in all, I received hundreds of emails more or less insisting that I reinstate the version of the strip which you see today.

As a working artist, I'm perpetually torn between the desire to put forth what I think is my pure vision for Achewood, and the desire to satisfy the reader's craving for rock-hard cat cock. I don't like to compromise, but in cases like this, it seems to serve the greater good. To this day, I receive email thanking me for going back to the original. I have even toyed with the idea of offering a mousepad or coffee mug that features the phrase, "ROCK-HARD CAT COCK." Perhaps in blue, with underlining, to look like a hyperlink.

TRIVIA THAT I SHOULD THINK ABOUT: Did you know that Achewood has shown over three penises but never so much as a woman's naked breast?

Anyhow, that's my blog for today. I'm also in the market for a jogging stroller, but I don't know which brands are good. How about that for an ending point of overwhelming mediocrity.